PARENT / SPECTATOR
- Condemn all violent or illegal acts, whether they are by athletes, coaches, officials, parents or spectators.
- Respect the official’s decisions. Don’t complain or argue about actions or decisions during or after an event.
- Unsportsmanlike language, harassment or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Encourage athletes to play by the rules and to respect opposing athletes and officials.
- Never ridicule or scorn an athlete for making a mistake, respect their efforts.
- Understand that sport is part of a total life experience, and the benefits of involvement go far beyond the final placing of an event.
- Participate in positive cheering that encourages the athletes in the Centre you are supporting. Don’t engage in any cheering that taunts or intimidates opponents, their fans or officials.
- Remember that children participate in Little Athletics for their own enjoyment, not yours!
- At all times follow the directions of the Arena Manager and/or other competition day officials.
- Never arrive at a Little Athletics competition under the influence of alcohol. Never bring alcohol to a Little Athletics competition or training
All information was found on the LAQ website: